A walking safari is truly an experience of a lifetime. Below we have drawn up a few facts to remember when walking within the African bush.
Never go on a walking safari without an expert guide. These guides are trained and know the workings of the bush. Guides will ensure, your safety and will allow you to make the most of your safari trip.
- Always listen to your safari guide.
- Avoid wearing bright colours. Make sure you wear clothes that blend in with the African bush, to remain camouflaged.
- Walk in a line, arm’s length away from one another.
- Never run when you spot an animal. When you do run the animal will presume that you are prey and dangerous and will likely attack.
- Never underestimate the speed of wildlife. While Hippos and crocodiles seem slow and lazy, they are capable of attacking at high speed.
- Stay quiet. Noise from humans will either make them run away or angry. If you need to communicate, whisper rather to one another.
- Do not smoke, drink or eat anything other than water on a safari
- Do not try and communicate or interfere with the animals you encounter.
- Do not pick any flowers or natural objects from the ground.
A walking safari is truly incredible, go again incredible insights into the world of the wild and experience the beauty of the African Bush, its creatures and ecosystems.